Aros Park is part of the Forestry Estates on Mull and is extensively used by the residents of Tobermory. The park is on the site of Aros House, and the Allan family developed the grounds during the period of 1874 to 1959. The house was unfortunately demolished; however, the heritage of this magnificent woodland remains. There still remain some buildings associated with the house, for example, the generator shed by the stream which gave power to the house. FCS have added a recreational area with Barbecues and toilets. Additionally areas have been developed for children, with climbing frames, swings etc. A walk around the loch is one mile long. Footpaths extend throughout the park.
The project has 5 caches in the park, and there is another by Countrymatters just down the road towards Salen.
Aros Park: Aros Pier N 56° 36.836 W 006° 03.014 Number 8 on the map GC4R1G8
Calve Island view N 56° 36.786 W 006° 02.682 Number 9 on the map GC4RPWZ
Aros Park Mossy Rocks N 56° 36.640 W 006° 02.462 Number 10 on the map GC4RPXV
Aros Park Lochan a’Ghurrabain N 56° 36.587 W 006° 02.634 Number 11 on the map GC4R1H4
Aros Park Gardener’s Cottage N 56° 36.446 W 006° 02.139 Number 12 on the map GC4RPY3
Lochan na Guailne Duibhe N 56° 35.935 W 006° 01.966 Number 66 on the map GC33YA1
View Geocaching on Mull in a larger map